The Portrait of a WonderWell Teacher
WonderWell teachers strive to cultivate lasting relationships with our children, staff, families and community and value our relationship-driven learning environment.
WonderWell teachers are co-constructors of knowledge: WonderWell teachers embrace the Reggio Emilia philosophy of early childhood education and partner with our children to facilitate meaningful learning experiences.
WonderWell teachers showcase our students' daily experiences and the progression of their development through student portfolios and a variety of documentation (observations, narratives, media, student work samples, project artifacts).
WonderWell teachers are learners and reflective practitioners who strive to inspire curiosity!
In addition to the qualifications and roles and responsibilities outlined below, the Pre-Kindergarten Teacher is responsible for maintaining compliance with the licensing laws and Minimum Standards for Child-Care Centers set forth by the Texas Health and Human Services.
The Pre-Kindergarten Teacher must satisfy the minimum qualifications for caregivers outlined in the Minimum Standards for Child-Care Centers sections 746.1105 and 746.1107 and additionally have the following qualifications:
- Core knowledge of early childhood development and Developmentally Appropriate Practice (DAP)
- A commitment to collaboration and high ethical professional standards
- A demonstrated eagerness for professional development
- A collegial, energetic, and engaging demeanor
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Lauded experience working with young children, parents, and colleagues
- An interest in and commitment to being an active participant in the WonderWell school community